The NCLEX RN exam is a pathfinder for your aspirations in a medical or nursing career. It comes with a plethora of options and everything is available under one guide covering reviews for questions as well as answers. The exam will test your overall abilities. So just, read the subsequent sections patiently to get a good grasp on the 5 best NCLEX review book.
NCLEX or the National Council Licensure Examination is not an easy examination and requires a good amount of preparation to crack.
That’s why we are here to fast track your preparation with the best available resources and increase the chance of getting selected. All the major information is listed below and will help you to choose the best question answer book to become a certified nurse in the long run.
Also, in case, you or your friends are looking forward to courses such as the MCAT, GMAT, GRE, LSAT, etc. you can opt for the books here. You will find a plethora of options when it comes to books for GMAT prep books, ACT books, MCAT books, LSAT Prep books, etc.
Our Top 3 Picks For Best PSAT Prep Book
5 Best Recommended NCLEX Review Book
If you have made up your mind to pursue a career in the medical field, then you are in the right place. These books will help you to master each and every topic properly.
Moreover, they are well tested by the students who have cleared and pursuing their dream careers.
1. Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN, 7th Edition Review
The review section of this book comes with a thorough and in-depth overview covering 1152 pages. Also, it will help you to boost up the confidence for the D day. All the answers along with suitable explanations are given in a proper step by step manner.
- This book comes with 5,200 NCLEX questions similar to the actual paper.
- Questions are based on the quality content, client requirement, cognitive thinking, as well as integrated learning.
- You will find a lot of topic-based questions along with sample papers.
- Being one of the best NCLEX RN review books, it comes with 85 questions comprehensive exam tests.
2. HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, 5th Edition Review
This book comes in the second list when you are talking about the best NCLEX review book. The green boxes will help you to understand what you actually need to have to ace this exam.
Moreover, by looking at the green boxes, you can make a list of all the things you need to study and how you can save your time.
This 5th edition is written in a lucid language covering all the principles of clinical decision making as well as critical thinking. It comes with a proper outlined format along with almost 900+ practice sets.
- This online practice question comes with alternative formats that help you to boost up your experience of taking nursing school exit examinations along with NCLEX-RN exams.
- HESI Hint boxes provide valuable insight into the clinical information. Moreover, you will get the proper concepts required for the NCLEX-RN examination.
- It comes with study materials based on critical thinking covering all the answers which also enhances your fundamental concept and the course content.
- This book comes with good fill in the blanks as well as prioritizing questions.
- The pharmacology table will help you to understand the drug therapy materials on the basis of the NCLEX- RN exam.
- Since it is the best NCLEX RN review book, it comes with updated content covering clinical updates covering the latest exam pattern.
- You will get 300+ practice sets on the Evolve companion website.
- The Clinical Judgement Scenario will help you to master the Next Generation NCLEX questions.
3. Lippincott Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN, 12th Edition Review
It is one of the best NCLEX review books discussed so far. This is not the same as the previous ones. It is primarily built on practice sets rather on the reviewing subjects. You will find myriads of practice questions based on the actual exam.
Naturally, you tend to get confused if you find a new pattern of question on the exam day. Also, you will be fascinated to know that if you practice this book properly, it is unlike that you see a question out of the box.
Moreover, this book comes with a logical flow and helps you to kickstart your preparation from easy to difficult levels. It will help you to strategize your preparation and give your best shot on the D day.
- This book covers four major areas in the pre-licensure course curriculum which includes pediatrics, medical-surgical, obstetrics, along with mental health nursing. In each of these sections, you will get chapters that are on the basis of common health issues. While studying, students have the option to choose the content which is on par with the course curricula.
- It is regarded as one of the best NCLEX review books since it provides six proper tests to provide the students with the real-time experience of the NCLEX-RN test. All the test items are prepared on the basis of the subject and difficulty level.
- This book comes with pharmacology items helping students to familiarize themselves with challenging areas of the course content.
- It comes with 6000+ top-quality questions that accelerate proper learning and superior thinking abilities.
- The questions are formulated as per the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) 2019 test plan and are based on the pattern of licensing examination.
- The 13th edition of this book comes with content aligned to the Activity Statements of the NCSBN RN. Practice Analysis comes along with questions based on cost-effectiveness, time management, ethical dilemma along with the handling of biohazardous material, and many more.
- There are various other features that include study tips and Test Taking Self Analysis.
4. Kaplan NCLEX-RN Premier 2017, 1st Edition Review
This is one of the best NCLEX PN review books. It comes with a plethora of new features tailored for the aspiring candidates. The breakdown of the syllabus is very nice. Also, the entire syllabus is broken down into easy lessons so that you can choose one topic and prepare it for a short period.
Mostly, if you are studying between classes then you can go for it. Moreover, you will get your hands on the practice level questions similar to the actual exam pattern. This gives you a good vibe of not wasting too much time at the examination hall thinking about the classes.
Moreover, the unique traits of this book will help you through the preparation phase.
- It comes with 2 mock tests which will help you to track your studies online as well as offline mode.
- You will get one hour of video tutorials online as well as DVD mode.
- 8 topic wise chapter tests are available helping you to use your critical thinking abilities in the course of action.
- The book is written as per the proven strategies and holistic approach.
- You will find a thorough review of the content framed with the “Client Needs” platform.
- Kaplan engineers, as well as psychometricians, will help you to carry out your questions along with proper study materials.
- You will be accustomed to the techniques of Computer adaptive test format.
- Kaplan is a leading provider of educational service and helping students to shape their career for almost 80 years.
- With the proven skillset and strategies, it will help millions of students to develop the knowledge and ace the exam.
5. NCLEX-RN Practice Questions Exam Cram, 5th Edition Review
This 5th edition of NCLEX-RN practice has been the best seller of this season when the best NCLEX review book is discussed. The way chapters are broken into specific segments is worthwhile for the exam prep.
Moreover, this book is available at a budget-friendly rate. You will find a separate feature of answer checking and the rationale pages will help you to accelerate the preparation using practice sets.
Also, if you know that this is the sure shot answer, then have a look at the answer. But if you are not sure enough or confused, you can check the rationale pages. This will help you to categorize your time for easy and difficult questions. As a result, student time becomes more effective.
- This book comes with a 1250 sample set of questions.
- You will find the Cram Sheet tear card that helps you to memorize the major concepts and fundamentals.
- Moreover, you will get a thorough look at the answers as well as rationale pages.
- But the major flaw is that the answer reference contains some editing mistakes. You will bewilder and so it is advisable not to waste time if the answer is not matched.
- You will find all the actual exam pattern questions as per the latest syllabus is concerned.
Some Online Courses to Look For in 2020
You are done with your nursing studies, but there is the last step to cross the finish line in order to obtain a certified license and start your practice. Even if you have an impeccable academic record and proper skills, passing this NCLEX exam is an arduous task.
Also, it is a comprehensive exam to evaluate your level of competency, and as you progress through the test.
Therefore, the best way to ace the exam using proper resources, coaching is a mandate. In order to narrow down your choices and nurture yourself with the best NCLEX review book, we will give you a list of 2 authentic NCLEX prep courses.
It is one of the best prep courses mentioned by professional experts. This course will give you an extensive bunch of practice questions. It reflects the pattern and level of difficulty asked on the exam.
It will not only help you to master the subject but adopt test-taking strategies to ace the exam. You will find the following features if you join the online course.
- It comes with a handy interface. Using a proper design, you will move to the dashboard which will be similar to the actual NCLEX user interface.
- This course will give you an extensive set of question banks.
- A mobile app is available so that you can study outside your home.
- The proper explanation is given to each and every topic taught.
- It covers all the major topics and does not focus on one portion heavily.
The online tutorial helps you with the real-time experience which you will be facing while you progress further. It gives you an overall different experience from the comfort of your home and is cost-effective as well.
So let’s have a look at what lay in store for you.
- You will have access to an extensive set of question banks.
- With the hands of Hurst, you will get the best NCLEX review book. The organized and proved techniques to handle each and every question will help you to strategize.
- It comes with exam-specific time-bound techniques.
- You will get exam-oriented support from the nursing coaches.
- Moreover, you will get the option of enjoying a live class or looking at the Webinars.
FAQ’S – Best NCLEX Review Book
Below is the list of best NCLEX review books available.
- NCLEX-RN Practice Questions Exam Cram, 5th Edition Review
- Kaplan NCLEX-RN Premier 2017, 1st Edition Review
- Lippincott Q&A Review for NCLEX-RN, 12th Edition Review
- HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN Examination, 5th Edition Review
- Saunders Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN, 7th Edition Review
This book comes with an in-depth live review. Because of the extensive course content, students will get a thorough live review which will give a better edge than the national average.
In order to ace the NCLEX exam, students should devote a minimum of one or two months. It comes with targeted learning.
There is another reason for finding the UWorld Practise tests more difficult than NCLEX when scoring comes into the picture. If you are using the UWorld, you will get a thorough idea of the percentage of right and wrong questions.
It is an exam that is difficult to clear since it gives a license to become a registered nurse. However, very few people pass this exam on the first go. Moreover, you need to prepare for this exam thoroughly using the best NCLEX review books mentioned.
Prepare Well and Maximize Your Score!!!
We hope this article will help you to know the best NCLEX review book to pass the exam. If you are towards inclination for self-study, then this article is for you.
However, if you still get confused, we can suggest two books which will be helpful for your preparation.
The books which we will recommend are NCLEX-RN Practice Questions Exam Cram, 5th Edition Review, and Kaplan NCLEX-RN Premier 2017, 1st Edition Review.
The former book gives a comprehensive course review along with question sets while the latter is more for a question-answer practice. If you face any question, regarding this you can provide that in the comment question.