SAT stands for Scholastic Assessment Test and kind of an important deal for aspiring students. This test lets the students get admissions in undergraduate courses, specifically in the US and Canada. So there’s where the golden opportunity lies. So, acing up in the SAT examinations might give anyone a major career jump. It is a standardized test conducted by college boards.
Earlier, it was recognized as the Scholastic Aptitude Test. Since then it has developed to evaluate the candidate’s written, verbal and mathematical skills. They have to take the SAT subject tests which are offered in areas like history, literature, mathematics, sciences and foreign languages. So, every year a lot of students look forward to SAT tests. Preparing for these examinations does not come as easy as one may imagine.
That’s why we’ve put together this article on the Best Sat Prep Book to go through for proper preparation. Also, there are reviews, online resources given, for lowering the exam pressure over your heads. So, let us inform you about some books that can help you, not only to crack the SAT exam but also help you to get good marks.
Moreover, if you are also interested or looking forward to GRE or GMAT Prep Courses or MCAT Prep courses, make certain that you check out these best GMAT prep books or Best GRE prep books and best MCAT prep books.
Our Top 3 Picks For Best SAT Prep Book
Best SAT Prep Books : Edition 2020
Here is a list of best SAT prep books which will surely give an impetus in your preparation. Each and every book which we will discuss right now is strongly recommended and test-takers are using these books for the past couple of years. Of course, you need to buy these books, but remember one thing that you need to invest sufficient time to utilize these resources.
#1. Official SAT Study Guide 2020 Edition
This SAT study Guide book has eight practice tests, which are made by the test makers. This 2020 edition of the SAT study guide deserves to be titled as the best sat prep book of all time. The guidance of this book is upgraded with current information. The books are aligned with the official syllabus of SAT, so here’s the best advantage lies.
A total of 240 numbers of pages with necessary information is going to be the biggest help. Eight numbers of practice sets are also included for the best exercise.
- The book comes with eight SAT practice tests (Official).
- There are detailed relevant information, current evidence base reading, and detailed math descriptions available.
- Smart guidance on the practice essay questions, optional essays.
- For each SAT question type, targeted practice questions are available.
#2. Cracking the SAT Premium Edition with 8 Practice Tests, 2020: The All-in-One Solution for Your Highest Possible Score
The study of the complete subject in this book makes it the best sat prep book ever. The high-level math problems with comprehensive passage help in achieving excellent grades. Strategies are the top priorities here, so meeting with score goals is much easier. The online availability is one of the best features to look at. A total of 8 numbers of full-length practice sets are well constructed according to student criteria.
Analytical reports of regular online scores help you to track the progress. It also comes with online access to video classes. Additional access to college and university rankings also will help you recognize the stats.
- Powerful tactics are available to achieve good scores.
- Full-length practice set of four online and four books available with detailed answers.
- This book has various effective solutions. Including passage-based grammar, multi-step problems and much more.
- It covers practice sets coupled with detailed solutions and live analysis.
- Knowing the proper test-taking techniques is important to ace this exam which you can understand if you follow this book.
#3. SAT Prep Black Book: The Most Effective SAT Strategies Ever Published 2nd Edition
This best sat prep book is a perfect choice to clear the SAT exam with flying colors. Eventually, the Black Book has everything an SAT aspirant might need.
The up to date content and easy to catch up notes to make 1600 within a few tries. 4 officially exam test papers have time crunching management which will make you try harder.
- This book contains over 600 easy-to-follow, detailed walkthroughs for SAT questions.
- The book covers every aspect of the test; it makes the SAT prep unique.
- It precisely explains how every SAT question works and how to beat the exam consuming least times.
#4. McGraw-Hill Education SAT 2019, 1st Edition
With over 125 years of experience in the field of education, the McGraw-Hill is the name trusted by all the students. The authenticity and quality of this book make it the best sat prep book for students. The practice sets here come in a whole package of a total of 5. The book is very practical for the regular exercise of math problem sets.
Also, the realistic, evident writing approaches also work well for the aptitude of students. If you want to take your preparations to the next level, there are also challenging problems available.
- There are five full-length practice sets available.
- Numerous math problems and solutions are present in the book.
- Realistic practice questions and evidence-based reading.
- The diagnostic tests are there to track improvement.
- To improve the reading comprehension section several helpful tips are given.
- The entire verbal reasoning section covers reading comprehension as well as critical reasoning.
#5. SAT Premium Study Guide with 7 Practice Tests (Barron’s Test Prep)
The exam aspirants will get the finest study guide, with detailed review and online practice with this book. Also, the expert’s tips will be provided with this best sat prep book.
This book has step by step reviews to prepare fully for the SAT. The full-length diagnostic tests are there to bring out your strengths and weaknesses. There are also 4 offline full-length practice sets and two online sets included. The conceptual explanations are also providing you with an intuitive approach.
- There is Four Practice tests present in the book.
- Also, it has two full-lengths of online practice books.
- Study advises for scoring good marks, an overview of SAT, explanation of the tests is available.
#6. Cracking the SAT with 5 Practice Tests, 2020 Edition: The Strategies, Practice, and Review You Need for the Score You Want (College Test Preparation)
Comprehensive subject review, helpful tactics to crack the exam everything is required to achieve good scores, is part of this book. This best sat prep book of all time has master tips and calculative strategies. High-level math problems, complex reading comprehension passages this book has everything.
Perform well in tracking every day gradual progress. The 5 full-length updated practice sets are great for aptitude build up. Also, the whole tracking analytics are quite helpful.
- This book comes with four practice sets and one online practice set.
- Detailed explanations of the solutions are provided.
- Online score reports will track improvement and progress.
#7. Barron’s SAT, 29th Edition: with Bonus Online Tests (Barron’s Test Prep)
Our last mention does not need any introduction. This book will give free access to online questions of SAT tests. All the problems in this book have detailed explanations.
Extensive vocabulary lists in the format of flash-cards make this book the best sat prep book for students.
The unique and time-saving tactics are very well for applying in the final SAT test. The detailing in essay instruction comes quite handy. The subject reviews cover all the segments individually and in-depth.
- A full overview of the SAT examination, with proper explanation, and scoring method is available.
- Special tactics and strategies are provided for the test.
- The subject reviews are covering all the test sections.
- The complete instructions on writing SAT essays are very helpful.
Some Information about Online Course for SAT
Only having the best-sat prep book on your arrangement of preparation is not always enough. Preparing by yourself is going to take a lot out of you. That is why addressing online available courses is always a solid idea.
SAT Prep Program by Magoosh
- The smartest feature is the personalized dashboard, which will be suggesting you with video lectures.
- The video lessons are premium made by experienced tutors and are easily accessible through apps also.
- There’s a 7-day money-back guarantee with every purchase.
- Onetime payment will free you from monthly charges.
- The detailed performance analytics will keep you on track.
- There are hundreds of tips and tricks which are easier to follow.
SAT Prep Classes Online by Kaplan
- The customized study plan is a gem, it lets you learn about powers and flaws.
- The teachers recruited are generally experts, with years of experience, and always available to answer all your problems.
- It emphasizes writing, reading, and mathematical skills as well.
- The SAT quiz will surely help in tracking your overall progress down.
- The study materials provided are comprehensive and up to date.
- Unlimited prep methods and online practice sets will help you prepare better.
FAQ’S – Best SAT Prep Book
1400 is considered to be a good score in this. This can land you with an 80% percentile, which will be sufficient for getting admissions into most colleges. But elite colleges like Ivy Leagues or UC Berkeley are not reachable at this. The official SAT total score is 1600, so a 1400n won’t guarantee you admission.
As SAT is not the easiest to crack, you’re going to have to start first as soon as possible. 3 months ahead planning might land you the admission you’ve dreamt of. Consistency on what you practice will be the key to SAT success. 2 prep books will be enough and studying along with solution practice will get you ready.
If you find reading reference books and preparing by yourself too much, then you can opt for Magoosh. But we ensure you, studying alone on Magoose might not boost your score. You have to put effort into all of the sections to do well in the official SAT test. But opt for Magoosh can help you to know the score structure and syllabus properly.
Traditionally, it will be the SAT in December. Colleges do get that, this is the last test seniors can take to submit their colleges. So, they always have an aim to make it easier, often. We have practically seen people score better and easier on December SAT.
You’re going to need a lot more comprehensive resources for your aid. You have to study at least 3 to 4 hours every night, and take a test on a regular basis. After completion of every test, always look for incorrect answers for your gradual improvement.
Best SAT Prep Book: Conclusion
Cracking a good SAT score might be one of the milestones to get one step ahead in that long journey. We know how serious you’re about getting admission to your dream college. So we have made this article with lots of information and intriguing advice for you. Going on with that, we have two best suggestions for you.
If you’re looking for an apt guide then the Official SAT Study-Guide 2020 Edition is going to be your aid. If you’re looking for faster and more rigorous training, the SAT Prep Black Book is a good company to have along in this journey.